September 4, 2009

Dirt Cat is home

He's still very dizzy and has to be kept up so he doesn't hurt himself or something hurt him. He has improved since Monday and hopefully he will continue improving. I don't think the vet knows exactly what's wrong with him. First thought was poisoning, ruled that out and went to head injury, decided against that and said inner ear, then went to toxoplasmosis. After doing my own research I think he has Feline Vestibular Disease. He has these exact symptoms so I am hoping he makes a full recovery. He is on antibiotics and Antivert for his dizziness.

More good news: The construction guy came out last night and looked at the floor joist. He says he can repair the joists and install a new vapor barrier to stop the condensation for $600 - $700. I was thinking in the thousands and that it might involve ripping my kitchen floor out. He says it can be done from beneath so we are so happy and THANKFUL!

We have open house for the kindergarten class tonight so I need to fix some supper, check on the kitty and the goats. With everything else going on I forgot to mention that our baby goats are due within the next 10 days! I have them both in their stalls with fresh bedding....it's just a waiting game now. I will post pics as soon as we have new arrivals!

Don't forget to check out the give away!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you have a happy ending to your bummer day(s)! I hope the dirt cat continues to improve...I know what it's like to have a sick kitty...no fun. I didn't get a chance to comment on the "day of" but I was hoping that everything worked out ok for you. You are so right...when it rains, it pours. Then it's sunny for awhile until it pours again. LIFE!! Thank goodness for a honest and capable construction worker though...they are worth their weight in gold! Good luck!!

Arlene said...

I am so glad to hear that Dirt Cat is getting better. I have a vet book here and just look up "Vestibular Disease" and also checked out what you have said and your link. It does sound like it!! I sure hope it does not take months to get better. Poor Baby! Give a big ole West Virginia hug for me!

Elle Bee said...

Poor Dirt Cat! But I'm glad he is getting better. Such a coincidence because I suffer from vertigo every once in a while and I take Antivert for it! Me n Dirt Cat--kindred spirits. :o)
Elle

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Elle, my husband had a couple of rounds with vertigo a few years ago. one of the times was so bad they had to wheel him out of work in a wheel chair when I came to pick him up. It was an inner ear problem and he said when it would hit hi it was like riding a carnival ride, everything spinning out of control. When he saw Dirt Cat try to walk after we brought him home. He said Oh man, I feel sorry for him, I know exactly how that feels. :(

I have been letting him out a couple of times a day but i have to watch him constantly so he doesn't hurt himself. He was so happy to get to play with the boys for awhile today.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!